nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Celebrate After Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Finals week is upon us, grades are updated, and the stakes could not get higher. After a couple weeks of high stress and anxiety, you should treat yourself to celebrate the end of finals, and the start of summer.

Here are 5 easy ways to celebrate:

1. Shopping Spree: What’s better than some retail therapy? Treat yourself to a day at the mall with your friends, or by yourself. If you’re not big on stressing about parking, or making plans, then do it online – it’s just as satisfying. Get you a new pair of shoes, an outfit, or that makeup palette you’ve been eyeing for months. But most importantly, have fun, relax, and enjoy!

2. Spa Date: Stress can take a huge toll on your body, so why not give back to yours? Spa treatments vary from massages, facials, nails, hair, and more – plus, there are tons of spots in the Dallas metroplex, so you can find one that’s within your price range. If you want to make it into a girl’s day out, then you can invite friends to come with you too! A lot of spas allow you to sit or lay next to your girls while you get pampered together.

3. Food Tour: Grab a group of friends, and go restaurant hopping! Dallas has some great spots to eat, if you just look. The metroplex has a plethora of choices from different countries, fusion restaurants, food trucks, diners, and more. To find some new places to eat, I like use Yelp and just save places that interest me.

4. Have an Adventure: Exercising is a great way to give back to your body, even though it may not be as soothing as going to a spa. There are many places in Dallas that allow you to be adventurous in a concrete jungle. Some suggestions are: rock-climbing, bouldering, swimming, hiking, camping, or take a boxing or dance class. The possibilities are endless

5. Sleeping In: Last but not definitely least, sleep in. Recover from those long days of studying, and those cram-filled all-nighters by just sleeping. You will be amazed how much sleep your body needs after finals. All you must do is fall asleep without setting an alarm, and just let your body do its thing to restart itself. Afterwards, you will feel well-rested, and relaxed. You can be surprised how long it takes for your body to recuperate from the semester – it is possible that you may sleep for 10-14 or more hours, so just make sure you don’t have any plans other than sleeping.

As always, these are just suggestions. You know yourself the best, and you know what works the best when it comes to rejuvenating yourself. Overall, just take some time to take care of yourself after finals, and before summer begins.

I am a senior at the University of North Texas: majoring in biology with a double minor in chemistry and psychology. I am the current treasurer for Her Campus UNT, and I aspire to be a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Outside of my responsibilities, I like to play volleyball and engage in creative activities.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.