This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Tom+Chee, a restaurant specializing in grilled cheese sandwiches, soups, salads and its world famous grilled cheese donuts is opening December 19, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. It is located at 1317 Q Street next to Chipotle on the first floor of the Larson Building. Tom+Chee originally started in Cincinnati, Ohio.

Next to Tom+Chee is the Pretzelmaker. The owners of both restaurants, Mike and Cindy Manley decided to open the Pretzelmaker next door because the floor space they bought was too big for Tom+Chee.

Tom+Chee is vegan and vegetarian friendly. The restaurant has gluten-free bread, vegan cheese and vegan/vegetarian soups. It is even a great restaurant for people with tree-nut allergies! The basil pesto sauce at Tom+Chee is made with sunflower seeds. Not only is Tom+Chee great for people with various food allergies, it is also healthy! The classic grilled cheese donut has less calories than a bagel with cream cheese.

Tom+Chee has created a lot of buzz in the United States. It has been showcased on ABC’s “Shark Tank,”  “The Chew,” Travel Channel’s “Man v. Food Nation,” and was named one of the “25 Brands to Watch,” by the 2013 Brand Innovators Made in America Summit.

Since the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a downtown campus, Tom+Chee is at a great location being right under Parkhaus and next to Chipotle. It is five minutes away from city campus! If you love grilled cheese sandwiches, salads, soups, and want to try grilled cheese donuts, check it out!

I am a sophomore journalism major and Spanish minor.