This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Last Friday night, I got out my big purse, filled it with $1 boxed candy from Walgreens, and took off to the theater to see the highly-anticipated movie, The Jungle Book. While I felt a little out of place at first, surrounded by 8 year olds and their parents, it didn’t matter as soon as the movie started.

With a Rotten Tomatoes rating of 94%, there’s no doubt that Disney outdid themselves in this remake of the childhood classic. It’s also the current top film at the box-office, bringing in $103.3 million so far. Not bad, not bad. My boyfriend and I decided to go all out and saw it in Real3D – which was so worth it. The effects were seriously cool, with the most real-life-looking animated animals I’ve ever sen. Many of the musical aspects are left out, except for the stuck-in-your-head-for-five-days song “Bare Necessities” and the focus was rather on the heart-warming, yet still action-packed story. I loved seeing all the old characters comes to life. If you’ve got a chance, get to the theater and let out your inner child for a bit. And don’t forget the candy.

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter.