Putting Pen to Paper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Bullet journalling is all the rage right now and there are some serious benefits as to why. If you haven’t heard, bullet journals are the new way to declutter your mind, unleash your creative side and make your life a little more understood. Basically, they’re blank journals that you can customize, create and use whatever way you want. The possibilities are endless! You can simply jot down thoughts, a few words or quick quotes to power you through the day. The idea is that you can write down important dates, events or anything that is currently cluttering your mind. 

While I haven’t purchased an actual “bullet journal” I’ve really embraced the concept in a notebook and I’m loving every second. Sometimes I write down typical journal entries, jot down a little list of things that I’m nervous about or any important dates or cool things I want to look into. I’ve realized that writing it all down has not only helped me remember the little things but it’s helped me ease any worries I have. I’m sure science can prove that our minds are a little less stressed when we communicate what is going through them in some sort of way. Writing it down keeps it personal with yourself, it’s quick and way cheaper than therapy. 

Regardless of whether or not you choose to buy an actual bullet journal, I really recommend putting pen to paper. It’s not always about eloquent sentences and sweet nothings about your day, sometimes it’s about taking 30 seconds to reassure yourself that you’re human and that you’re doing great! 

Twenty-one-year-old Marketing major with an emphasis in Advertising and Public Relations at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.Adventure seeker. Tea drinker. Preppy clothes wearer.