Meet the Team: Leila Tatby

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Meet Leila Tatby! She’s a junior here at UNL with a major in advertising and public relations. She is spunky, but don’t be fooled by her short stature because she’s got big plans for the future! Read on to learn more.

Her Campus: How did you become involved in Her Campus?

Leila Tatby: I actually learned about the club through one of our co-presidents! We cheered together in high school and have been friends ever since.

HC: How have you been involved within Her Campus?

LT: I am the Social Media Chair for our chapter here at UNL!

HC: What are you involved in on and off campus?

LT: On campus, I am involved in the Jacht Agency, which is a student-run advertising agency at UNL. I also work at the UNL Career Services. I am also involved in Launch Leadership and obviously Her Campus!

HC: What’s your family like?

LT: My family is actually made up of only girls. With that we can be pretty loud when we all get together. My personality is almost the exact opposite from my families, but it works out and we all balance out each other.

HC: What is one piece of advice for incoming freshman?

LT: One piece of advice that I wish I had known was that you should get involved ASAP. I thought that people weren’t going to accept me or treat me as an equal because I was a freshman. This is completely false. College is an experience you should immerse yourself in from the beginning. That’s how you will truly enjoy it.

HC: What is something that can always make you laugh/smile?

LT: Watching old videos of my friends can always make me laugh.

HC: What is your favorite quote?

LT: “The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.” –Mother Teresa There’s actually a lot more to this quote that I actually like but this is the main part that I love.

HC: What would you consider your fashion/style?

LT: I would say that my fashion choices are pretty laid back. I typically don’t take too big of risks when it comes to clothing choices. I just love being comfortable!

HC: What is your guilty pleasure?

LT: Cheese and listening to the Zac Brown Band. Put them together and you honestly have the best of both worlds.

HC: What is your favorite color?

LT: Definitely Maroon.

HC: What is your favorite movie?

LT: My favorites are Bridesmaids and The Dark Night Series.

HC: One fun fact about Leila:

LT: One fun fact about me is that I recently got an internship to start working for the Walt Disney Company this June as a Talent Acquisition Marketing Intern!

I am the oldest child of four and from Omaha, NE. I cheered in high school and was a part of the competitive team at my school. I love Nicolas Sparks movies and Lord of the Rings. I obsessed with American Eagle and yogurt covered pretzels:)