Meet the team! Featuring: Rachel Halbmaier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Meet Rachel Halbmaier, one of our Event Planners here at Her Campus UNL! She’s a senior from Kenesaw, Nebraska. She plans to earn her degree this upcoming spring in advertising and public relations. She just turned 21 on Nov. 14 (finally)! Now lets learn some more about this spicy young girl!:

Favorite Color:

Sangria

Involvement On/Off campus:

She is an active participant in the Railyard Events. She partakes in the Honors program here on campus and is also interning for the UNL CoJMC Ambassadors.

What are you most excited for in the future?

“I’m most excited for finding a job and FINALLY being able to afford Starbucks when I want! Also emulating Olivia Pope one day.”

What’s your family like?

“My parents are divorced. Kal Halbmaier and Kristine Tully are my parents and I have two half siblings. I am also the proud aunt of my niece, Crickett, and my two nephews, Peter and Clark. My dad is a little bit of a red neck and I would say my mom is a complete hipster.”

What can always make you happy/smile?

“Easily a wonderful wine night with my boyfriend, tons of pizza and just about any Bravo show on.”

What would you say your favorite quote is?

“’Be brave. Have fun.’”

“My dad used to tell me this every day before sending me off to school. It has just stuck with me.”

What would you consider your style?

“I like to think I’m pretty basic. Jeans or leggings, and t-shirt or sweater with some boots and I’m ready to go! Fall is my very favorite of all the seasons to dress for probably because of this reason…”

Watch out for all of the awesome events Rachel will be putting together for Her Campus UNL! 

I am the oldest child of four and from Omaha, NE. I cheered in high school and was a part of the competitive team at my school. I love Nicolas Sparks movies and Lord of the Rings. I obsessed with American Eagle and yogurt covered pretzels:)