Meet the Team: Campus Correspondent Catherine Brackett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Meet Catherine Brackett, one of our Campus Correspondents. She’s a silver-haired, uber-trendy girl with the biggest heart. Plus, she has the sweetest kitty! Read on to find out more about this adventurous gal. 

1. Major/minor/graduation year?

I’m currently an advertising and public relations major with a double minor in business and fashion and I’m originally from Omaha, Nebraska but grew up mostly in the small town of Blair, Nebraska. Luckily, I don’t have much further to go until I’m able to graduate but I’m going to ride it out until May of 2018. It’s so exciting and scary at the same time! 

2. Favorite part about Her Campus?

The best thing about Her Campus is the brand’s credibility so when you have it on your resume, it’s easily recognizable. It also gives anyone who’s interested in blogging a chance to see what it’s actually like to have something published on a website! 

3. Dream career?

My dream career is to be working with a fashion-focused magazine anywhere. I would really like to work in any aspect of a magazine: PR, advertising, editorial, design, page layout or anything else! 

4. Favorite city?

That’s a hard question–there are still so many places I want to visit. I think the best city I’ve been to so far is Cinque Terre, Italy. The city is adventure-rich, the people are beautiful and unique and it has the clearest water I’ve ever seen in my life. 

5. Favorite magazine?

My favorite magazine at the moment is one that I’ve just recently discovered. It’s called Puss Puss and it’s a fashion + cat magazine–my two most favorite things! I’m dying over its aesthetic and content. It’s genius. 

6. Something you’re passionate about?

I’m really passionate about animal welfare. I’ve been a vegetarian for about seven years now, and growing up I always had a heart for all living creatures. My love for them continues to grow and I hope to be more proactive in helping end things like factory farming and animal testing. 

7. Guilty pleasure?

My guilty pleasure is anything covered in chocolate. It’s honestly my weakness. I can’t go a day without at least a square of dark chocolate. 

8. Something you can’t live without?

I absolutely can’t live without my Mac–my whole life is on that thing.

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter. 
Co-president of the UNL Her Campus chapter