This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Every girl loves to get their nails done. As a recent first timer let me just say it changed my life. Now that spring is on its way it’s the perfect time to bust out bright and fun nails colors and designs. Here are some trendy manicure ideas to try for spring.

Reverse French

This is a simple modern design that looks sophisticated and polished. I recommend getting a Shellac manicure with this pattern because it will last awhile. I recently had this look for my nails and it lasted for over 4 weeks. The growth of your natural nail blends in with the top so you can’t tell that your manicure is fading.

Ombre

Ombre is a pattern where a color fades into another shade. This is an edgier look that still appears chic and not busy. An ombre look with pastels would look on point for spring.

Bunnies (for Easter)

I saw this look on Pinterest and I thought it was the cutest thing ever. It’s the perfect little design for Easter and even looks cute after the holiday.

Floral

*insert quote from “Devil Wears Prada” here* I don’t care what they say, florals will always look fantastic in spring. Try a dainty design if you don’t like an overbearing look.