Make the Most of Your Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

For me, weekends are for filling with plans: catching up with work, meeting with friends I haven’t seen in a lifetime or any other errands I can squeeze into 20 minute breaks. Lately, I’ve been feeling exhausted with a busy school/work week and continuing the bustle into the weekends. While it’s nice to have plans and see friends on the weekends, it can take a toll on your body. So much that, you end up calling it a night on a Friday night. Pitiful.

This weekend, I’ve come to this realization and have decided to take the weekend off of work and start my day off with some me time. I woke up at 7 a.m., if you’re keeping track that’s 12 hours of sleep. It was wonderful; glorious even. I read some of a book that I’ve been meaning to finish since december. I grabbed coffee with a friend–in my slippers. I didn’t even leave my car. You get the point.

I think it’s extremely important to take a break from life, and definitely focus on yourself every once in awhile. After all, we just finished self-love month, why not continue the love into the rest of the year. Spend more time doing things that make you happy and less time fulfilling obligations to others or to work. Yes, it’s important to be diligent, but you can’t be that way all the time and be Wonderwoman. This weekend, I urge you to take some time to breathe.

Co-president of the UNL Her Campus chapter