sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

I Let My Boyfriend Do My Makeup…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Almost exactly a year ago, I (somehow) convinced my boyfriend, Austin, to allow me to do his makeup. He HATED every second of it, but I had an absolute blast – haha! I would post a picture because those pictures do exist, but he would hate me for that, so I’ll be nice!

As a revenge for that whole experience, part of our Valentine’s Day celebration this year included him getting a chance to do my makeup. I traveled back to my hometown with a case of makeup that I then spread out in front of him. Before we started he said “okay, I have zero ideas to what any of this crap is.” Promising, I know!

Ultimately, I thought the entire experience was hilarious and kept uncontrollably giggling which didn’t make it any easier for him! He chose the craziest makeup that I own. You know what I mean, that makeup that you buy that you think you’ll wear on a really confident day or for some fancy event at some point in the future. He chose a Milani lipstick that I bought a long time ago and haven’t worn even once to start off my look. It was shade #40 “Cabaret Blend” which is a super pigmented deep burgundy wine shade that honestly looks crazy on me!

Once that was done, he continued by trying different thinks generally in places that they didn’t go. He attempted liquid liner on my top lash-line and sort of got it all over the place. He struggled figuring out what mascara looked like. He attempted to curl my eyelashes but wasn’t very effective as he was afraid of “ripping my face off” with what he called “a death machine.”

One of my favorite parts of the entire thing, though, was when he picked up a ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadow in the shade “Amaze.”

He had no idea that he was looking at an eyeshadow and thought it was just some sort of face glitter. So, he proceeded to put this shadow all over my face… HAH! It’s almost 5 days later and I am still trying to get all of that glitter off of my face!

He decided that he was finished, so I went to the bathroom to get a better look at what I assumed was going to be an insane disaster. I was actually a little surprised! While I did look a little crazy, I was pleasantly shocked because he did an okay job for it being his first time ever doing makeup. Hidden talent? Who knows!

We decided to film the whole thing to look back on and laugh at and posted it to YouTube. If you’re in the mood to laugh at a goofy couple doing silly things, give it a watch! Also, if you have thought about doing this with your SO I would totally recommend it. I knew that I was going to enjoy it, but Austin ended up having a lot of fun too and we now have some pretty funny memories!