Fashion Design Student Dreams of Backpacking Through Europe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Brandon Perchal, the only male fashion design student at the University of Nebraska- Lincoln (UNL), dreams of backpacking through the countryside of Europe surrounded by friends he has made along the way through UNL’s Fashion Department. He says that the journey would begin in London, England, wind through Amsterdam, Netherlands and conclude in Naples, Italy. In total, the trip would take approximately five months to complete giving each destination enough time to explore tourist attractions and experience the culture.

When asked about a trip where he had a positive experience, he immediately recommended the fashion-oriented trip to China with UNL’s Fashion Department.  While visiting he ate things that he questioned such shish kabobs with nontraditional meats, visited the silk factories and observed the process from worm to thread, and attended local fashion design studios with modern dress.. According to Brandon, “China has been by far the most memorable trip I have ever been on thus far.” He continued by saying, “However, going outside of the United States will always be a worth while experience no matter what. Anyone will be pleasantly surprised by the cultural differences.” 

I am from Murray, Nebraska. I am a Fashion Journalism Major and Spanish Minor.