Collin Erickson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Name: Collin Erickson

Year in college: Sophomore

Hometown: Omaha, NE

Major: Pre-Medicine, Biological Systems Engineering

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Involvement/Activities: UNL Navigators, Biomedical Engineering Society

HC: What do you like to do in your free time; any hobbies/special interests?

CE: One of my passions is playing percussion instruments, and currently I play tenors on the drum line for Railmen Indoor Percussion. However, I also love to swing dance, and I enjoy interacting with various people at my bible study group.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

CE: I hope to be out of medical school, and hopefully I will be married.  Also, I would enjoy leading youth ministries and traveling. I know that God will always have a fundamental part in my life no matter what happens.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

CE: I would definitely go to Spain because I speak Spanish well, and all of the various aspects of the country and its’ culture are fascinating.

HC: If you could change anything about yourself, would you? And what would it be?

CE: I would start conversation with more people that I don’t know by approaching them while walking to class, downtown, or wherever there are people that I have not met yet. It’s definitely something that I could be better at.

HC: We’ve all had embarrassing moments…. would you mind sharing one of yours?

CE: One time while I was waiting on some tables at work, I was in charge of a big group of people in party room. As I was bringing their pitcher of beer and their glasses, I lost my balance (because of the tight quarters), and spilled beer all over this poor old lady who just so happened to be a part of the group. Luckily she was very kind and understanding about the whole thing, and remained calm for the rest of the night.

HC: And of course I have to ask, what’s your favorite part of being a Husker?

CE: I love going to a university that is very rich with tradition, and generally speaking, I enjoy being a part of Husker Nation.

Think fast…

Favorite Food: Crawfish Etouffee (Cajun dish)

Celeb Crush: Carrie Underwood

Biggest Turn off: Tattoos and Nose Piercings 

I am from Murray, Nebraska. I am a Fashion Journalism Major and Spanish Minor.