College Fashionista: Felicia Keiser

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

“Outfit of the day” pictures, also known as #ootd, are very popular on social media, especially Instagram. Felicia Keiser, a junior Spanish major loved posting her outfits on Instagram so much that she decided to make a separate account called happy.felicia just for her outfits.

How did you get started loving fashion?

My boyfriend got me my first Modcloth dress and got me hooked! I’ve always loved thrifting and finding adorable outfits for the smallest amount of money.

What kind of clothing do you like?

I’ve always loved the vintage look. Vintage dresses fit better for my body type and I feel myself when wearing a dress.

Where do you get a lot of your dresses from?

I’ve acquired a lot through Stitch Fix and it totally got me motivated to dress with modesty and my unique style.

Who inspires you?

I get inspired by ladies on Instagram that post their outfit pictures or by Pinterest. Instagram is a community. It’s special to me because I have met so many wonderful people.

People say “nobody dresses up in college.” Why do you?

I feel happier and more optimistic about my day when dressed nice.

What made you decide to make the second instagram account?

The second Instagram account is a way to show off my (large) dress collection or just to motivate me to dress nice on the days I’m just not feeling it. Looking in my overfilled closet kicks my creativity up and I look forward to creating a fun outfit each day because of this account. I want to challenge myself not to buy new clothes and use what I have! Combining style, my personality, and creativity all into one is what I really enjoy . Hopefully those who enjoy style and fashion will be inspired by uniqueness. I didn’t make the account for the likes or followers, but for myself! I don’t want to seem conceited but confident and self-loving.                                                              

I am a sophomore journalism major and Spanish minor.