This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Chacos are basically the only shoes (besides Birkenstocks) I see girls wearing around campus as the weather starts to warm up. I’ve heard great things about them, but they’re super expensive. This was a dilemma for me because I hate spending more than I have to on anything, but I really wanted a nice pair of sandals to wear for spring.

I was having an existential crisis trying to decide whether or not to buy this $100 pair of shoes when I stumbled upon another brand called Teva, known by some as the dad shoe. You can find them for almost half the price (as low as $50 depending on the style) and they come in super cute designs. They are sort of styled the same way, but they have a Velcro strap and aren’t considered as cool for some reason. I love them anyway. I bought a pair and they have been my most trusty pair of shoes since.

I’m by no means the only one to own Tevas or to have heard of them, but they are a lot less popular than Chacos and I really don’t understand it. I think Tevas are just as comfortable, just as cute, and way more affordable. They may be a little geeky and dad-like but that’s part of their charm.

So I’m Team Teva all the way, now and forever.

http://www.teva.com/women-sandals/

Liz is a current student at UNL, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders with a minor in Education.