Campus Cutie: Alec Hein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Alec William Hein (Al) is a freshman Mechanical Engineering major here at UNL. In his free time, he enjoys long, slow bike rides exploring downtown Lincoln. And when he is feeling extra ambituous he goes for runs with his buddy Nick Casten.

You can find him around campus in one of the many study rooms in Knoll wearing wool socks and most likely a backwards baseball cap, and listening to Neil Young. He uses the three words witty, peculiar, and intentive to describe himself. 

Back home, you can find him enjoying a fresh baked brownie made with love by his mom or you can find him cruising around the streets of Omaha in his one true love, a white 1987 Ford Ranger. “It’s pretty fancy, because its the XLT model so it has some nice brown carpet. Other features include: 5 speed manual, long bed, sliding rear window, no AC, crank windows, rear wheel drive. Basically it is the perfect vehicle in all aspects and transports me not only around town, but also to a happier state of mind… She’s a good truck,” he informed me. 

But his most favorite thing to do in Omaha is hang out at the downtown Cubbies gas station with a Dr. Pepper and sunflower seeds with his friends and watch strange people come and go throughout the night. 

Al is single and ready to mingle. I asked him what he looks for in a girl, “I look for someone who can make me laugh, because as cliche as that might be it’s rare to find a girl that can actually bring me to tears from laughter. I also appreciate when a girl can ‘go with the flow’ if plans don’t work out like we thought they would or if a problem arises in any facet of life. It’s a lot more enjoyable if you can laugh about it and just smile and enjoy the detour.” He has a huge celebrity crush on Gwyneth Paltrow. 

So if you’re into cruising and Neil Young, and have a good sense of humor hit him up ladies!

Co-president of the UNL Her Campus chapter