Campus Celebrity: Grace Stallworth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Only four weeks into her first semester, Grace Stallworth has already set herself up for success. An honor student living in Neihardt, Stallworth manages to keep focused on her studies as well as fit by exercising regularly. Even as a freshman, Stallworth has found a great balance between school and fun, making her an ideal candidate for a Campus Celebrity. And now, a sneak peek into the life of Grace Stallworth!

About Grace:

As previously stated, Grace is a freshman honors student majoring in Psychology. She’s also a Lincoln native who studied in a Science Focus Program, or Zoo School, for all of her high school career.

What is it like to be an honor student here at UNL?

“So far, it’s been great. I get to live with students who share the same interests as me and I’m constantly surrounded by lots of resources and help. Being an honor student also means that my classes are smaller, providing better student-to-professor relationships.”

What makes UNL’s Honor Program unique?

“The program offers a peer group for every student. Usually, they’re made up of about four to six students and feature a peer mentor that students can turn to for help. My experience so far has been both helpful and informative.”

What are some of your best study tips?

“The biggest tip I can offer is time management. Plan out when you are going to do each assignment, but also allow some time to relax. Another helpful tip is to space out your bigger assignments so it doesn’t get too overwhelming.”

How do you keep active?

“I love doing meditation and yoga, both of which I find very relaxing. Most of the time, I’ll look up yoga videos on YouTube for inspiration. As for how often, I try to do it every morning, starting out with about five to ten minutes of meditation and then doing some basic poses. It calms me down and helps me start my day on the right foot.”

We hope that Grace Stallworth continues to have an amazing freshman year. We can’t wait to see her around campus!