Back Into the Studying Habit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

Welcome back, ladies! A long weekend after the first week of school helps us ease back into school-mode, but sometimes we’re hindered by still being in the winter break mood. I am here to share some of my back to school study habits.

Planner:

I have graduated to the use of the wall planner calendar, the planner has always been there for me in study times of need. I put my homework assignments, events, deadlines, and activities on my days because with all that we do as college students we often forget. I know many people who just look at their syllabi every day for their assignments, but Murphey’s Law has gotten me in those times when a syllabus was destroyed by a coffee spill and not available online.

Google Calendar:

Sync your classes with their locations as daily alerts with a ten minute warning. I myself too many times have been a few minutes late when I had no good reason to be. The alert lets you know that you were on instagram too long and have lost track of time.  Also, sync your tests with two days notice alerts, this will help you prepare earlier and not procrastinate.

Set A Study Time:

Most of you probably already have to do study hours for your sorority, but to the non-Greek readers this is a grand idea. Set aside a good amount of hours dependent on your course load to help you keep up with your readings for the week. Too many of us slack on our reading and that will catch up to you towards the end of the semester.

Set Time for Yourself:

Probably one of the most important, find at least an hour of your day for activities you are too busy usually for. My hour a night is reading a book because my first two years of college I didn’t read a single book outside of my textbooks. This will relieve stress and help set up routine. 

Self-proclaimed feminist killjoy and young politico.