8 Lazy Girl Style Hacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

So it’s offically fall. We can no longer avoid that this school year has actually started. If you are anything like me, this is the time of the year when you get the laziest. But just because you are procrastnating doesn’t mean that you can’t look extra good while doing it. 

1. Dress up your sweatshirt

The graphic tee has seriously made it’s comeback as item that can be dressed up or down. The great thing is that this also applies to sweatshirts as weather gets colder. It’s easy to dress up your favorite sweatshirt with a skirt or a blazer.

2. Sportswear

Did I just get out of the gym or did I just get out of bed? None of your business. What will be other people’s business is how good you look in those joggers, girl.

3. Basics aren’t basic  

Basics are everything. As a lazy girl, you could live an entire lifetime with only basics in your closet. Do I need to say anything more?

4. Show Your Socks

Walking across campus in your favorite shoes just got a whole lot more comfortable. Letting your socks pop adds fun detail to your outfit and also can be an outlet to show a little personality.

5. Oversize It  

We really have to give it up to the true orginators of this trend, The Olsen Sisters. Mary- Kate and Ashley having been rocking this trend for years, but now it’s your turn. Plus this is the perfect time to rock all the clothes you stole from your ex-boyfriend that you couldn’t bare to return.

6. Unconventional Layers

I don’t have to write an article to tell you that layers and fall go together hand in hand, but I’m here to stay the layers should never be limited. Throw a sweater over your favorite dress, or even a turtleneck under your favorite tankfor this refreshing layered look.

7. Denim Denim Denim

Okay Ladies, put the leggings down. Seriously. I love stretchy black fabric as much as the next girl, but you shouldn’t be wearing your leggings seven days a week. Give them a break, and throw some denim into your cycle. Whether it’s a pair of jeans, a denim jacket or even a pair of overalls, you’ll stay warm and look good.

Bailey M. Ernst, Nebraska native, student at the University of Nebraska- Lincoln, but always itching for adventure. I am always clicking a camera and I always have a Vogue in my purse. I believe in the good in the world and hope to bring that through in my art.