The 6 Best Places To Study On Campus During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

We’ve finally made it to finals week – otherwise known as the most stressful week of the semester. What’s even more stressful is getting to the library only to find that there are absolutely no seats – a stressed out college student’s nightmare. Check out the places below for some new places to study your butt off. 

1. Wick Alumni Center (City Campus)

The Alumni Center is a great place to recharge. They are offering free snacks, coffee, Pepsi products, and *silence* all week. It’s the perfect place to get your caffeine fix. They are open until midnight Monday through Wednesday and until 3 p.m. on Thursday. 

2. Study Stop (City and East Campus)

The Study Stop is a great resource if you are in need of some help. Study stop provides free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Oh, and free tutors! There are multiple locations and tutors for just about every subject. Check out the details here

3. C.Y. Thompson Library (East Campus)

The library on East Campus is a great place to go if you’re looking for a semi-silent space to study. It’s easy to really zone in on what you’re trying to get accomplished since there isn’t a ton of background noise or people coming in and out. Plus, the tall windows let in a ton of natural light.

(Photo courtesy UNL Libraries)

4. Geology Library – Bessey Hall Basement (City Campus)

I never knew there was a geology library until I overheard a girl in my class talking about it. I was intrigued as to what it was like, so I wandered my way into the basement of Bessey hall one afternoon where I then proceeded to get sh*t done. The geology library is almost sort of dark and quiet, which makes it a great place if you get distracted easily. 

5. The Mezzanine – Love Library (City Campus)

This is continually one of my favorite spots to study. The chairs are uber-comfortable and it is silent throughout. Grab a spot on the second level next to a window for plenty of natural light. There are also large tables in the center, which are great if you have a bunch of books and a laptop you need to use all at once. 

(Photo courtesy UNL Newsroom)

6. Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center (City Campus)

The Gaughan Center is great because it’s attached to the Union, so you can grab some Subway or Runza and then make your way over. It is a lot quieter than the Union, but still has just enough background noise so you don’t feel weirded out. I especially love the high-top tables next to the windows. 

Everyone has their favorite place to study. Try out a few different spots to see what works best for you! 

A twenty-year-old international business student with dreams much bigger than my 5'1 self. Slightly obsessed with Germany, Lana Del Rey, and cookie butter. 
Co-president of the UNL Her Campus chapter