10 Reasons Cats are Better than Dogs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNL chapter.

1. You don’t have to train cats.

They don’t care about sitting for you or giving you a little spin but, you also don’t have to train them to not go to the bathroom in the middle of your bedroom.

2. You don’t have to take cats outside.

Along with going to the bathroom in the wrong places, you don’t have to take them outside. No freezing winter. No middle of the night in a storm. They have a nice, convenient place to go inside.

3. You don’t have to take cats on walks.

Cats don’t care about extra exercise. They have a plenty of energy exhausted by cleaning themselves between their naps.

4. Cats are cheaper to take care of.

They have less food to consume, less accessories to please them. They are perfect for the broke college student who needs a companion.

5. Cats purr.

It is one of the most soothing sounds to hear as they lay beside you in bed and purr as you fall asleep.

6. Cats are small.

They don’t need any more room then the size of their cat box, your bed to lay on, maybe a window to look out of, and if they are really needy, a cat tree.

7. Cats kill bugs for you.

I don’t have spider problems because my cat chases them and kills them for me.

8. Cats clean themselves.

No baths are required! They already take care of that.

9. Cats are quiet.

Except for the purring and occasional rough housing between my two cats, they lay quietly and never wake me from my sleep.

10. Cats are absolutely adorable.

No one can deny how adorable kittens are and when they become cats, they are just as adorable.