Campus Celebrity: Paige McKillip

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNI chapter.

Name:
Paige McKillip  

Hometown: Cedar Rapids

Year in school: Junior

Major: Psychology

Job: Peer Academic Advisor In Residence (PAIR)

Favorite Food: Pizza

What is your favorite part of UNI? I really love the campus itself. I think it is so pretty (especially in the spring and fall) and it is like a second home to me.

Why did you choose UNI? I came into college with a different major, and that major was only offered at to Iowa schools and I didn’t want to go to the other, so it was an easy choice for me.

What is your favorite college memory? It is difficult to choose just one, but I would say one would be be going to the Sweet Sixteen basketball game when UNI played in it my freshman year.

What are your plans after UNI? I would really love to do full time ministry, or use my psychology degree to do counseling.

What activities are you involved with on campus? The Navigators, International Dance Theater, and Psi Chi.

What is your dream job? My dream job would probably be doing a counseling ministry.

What do you like to do in your free time? I like to run, bike, hang out with friends, and watch movies.

Any Inspiring quotes or sayings you like to life by? “Be joyful always; Pray Continually; Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. I tell myself this verse all the time, especially when I am down and need something to pick me up.

Lottie is a junior at the University of Northern Iowa and she is a communications major with a journalism minor. She has always had a passion for fashion and writing, so she figured, why not combine them? She was a writer for Her Campus only one semester before becoming the Editor-in-chief and campus correspondent for fall of 2011. Lottie is very excited to take on the challenge and to make great things happen with Her Campus magazine.