Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

UNI Archives

Flimsy Lindsey: Easter Weekend

By Lindsey Rhodes
April 13, 2012 - 12:44am

I'm off to spend a beautiful weekend with Boyfriend's family. It should be a relaxing few days, especially since I got that 20-pager finished last night (can I get a what, what!) I'm feeling extra rejuvenated with that sucker behind me. Which the feeling is a bit appropriate due to Easter, no? Nothing like the rebirth of Jesus to put things in perspective. I hope you have a marvelous holiday full of sweets and little reflection to the reason for the season.
READ MORE

The Truth About Vanity

By Leah Carpenter
April 10, 2012 - 11:54pm

Ask anyone I talk to, and you’ll find that I’m a pretty laid back, sarcastic little spitfire.  But some subjects really bring out the seriousness in me.  This is one of them. READ MORE

Claire Johannesen

By Laura Rasmussen
April 10, 2012 - 11:40pm

A member of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee, the track and field team, and the UNI Green Project... This Junior Psychology major does it all! Meet this week's Campus Celebrity: Claire Johannesen! Name: Claire Johannesen Hometown: Waukee, Iowa Year in school: Junior Major: Psychology Favorite Food: Even though I hate choosing favorites, my default favorite food is pizza. Pretty basic but it’s so versatile and, of course, delicious. READ MORE

Kyle Flinkinger

By Bailey Herrstrom
April 6, 2012 - 11:58pm

We all remember our younger years, when we played “house” with Barbie dolls, and spent entire afternoons brushing their hair and driving them in their red convertibles. Ahhh, those were the days when nothing mattered but what outfit you put Barbie in and whether or not she was dating Ken that week. Though those days have long since been over, I still feel that same old pressure to find myself a Ken and settle down in a “dreamhouse” of my very own. And Ladies, I may have just found you a real-world, in-the-flesh Ken here at UNI—and his name is Kyle Flickinger. READ MORE

Starbucks and Studying

By Lottie Staggs
April 5, 2012 - 6:04pm

With final exams and projects just around the corner, students at UNI are cracking down on their studies. We're sure that many of you can relate to these ladies and find yourselves chugging the coffee and staying up late to get stuff done.  Only one more month - you can do it! READ MORE

Flimsy Lindsey: Bare it all!

By Lindsey Rhodes
April 5, 2012 - 2:49pm

READ MORE

Kayleigh Green

By Laura Rasmussen
April 5, 2012 - 2:25pm

This week's celebrity is a woman in charge. She is currently the entertainment comittee chair for this year's Relay For Life, coming up on on April 13 and 14, and she's the public relations chair for the Student Admissions Ambassadors. Please welcome our latest campus celebrity, Kayleigh Green! READ MORE

Vote for the "Cutest Cutie of the Year" 2011-2012!

By Lottie Staggs
April 3, 2012 - 10:44pm

You've been blessed with their gorgeous faces throughout the year. They've laid their hearts out on the table for you, giving advice and sharing their likes. We've learned from them and have seen how genuine, kind and hilarious they truely are. Well, now is the time to show them love back. Her Campus UNI is having our first "Cutie of the Year" contest where you have the opportunity to vote for your favorite campus cutie from the 2011-2012 school year! So how does it work? All you have to do is cast your vote by going to our Facebook page and "liking" the photo of your favorite campus cutie. Like more than one? Vote for as many as you'd like! ...

Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

By Kristin Foxhoven
April 3, 2012 - 10:36pm

When I first heard of “The Fault in Our Stars,” I initially had no interest in reading another book about cancer and the almost unbearable, lingering sadness that comes along with those stories. Although numerous cancer stories have been told, and become successful novels from that sadness that people are oddly attracted to reading about, I couldn’t help but notice the excessive amount of hype brought about by this book. So I read it! READ MORE

A Few Of My Favorite Things

By Kristin Foxhaven
April 1, 2012 - 12:23pm

While snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes are truly one of my favorite things, I was happy to haul out my spring/summer clothes and toss my winter clothes in the back of my closet. Not only did the sunshine put me in the mood for serious spring cleaning, but it made me realize how much more fun warm weather is to dress for! As it seems that many of you collegiettes have done the same, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite spring trends for 2012. READ MORE