Is Your Foundation Color Wrong? 3 Easy Tips To Solve It!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

1. Whether your budget is drugstore material or shopping at Chanel, finding your perfect shade of foundation can always be hard. When first starting your process of choosing, it is important to go to a Chanel or any other counter at your local mall. Play around with the foundation samples and even ask their sales representative to make a match. Even if you don’t plan on buying it there, this is a very helpful way to help decide your shade. It is important to take your skin type into consideration; if you skin is acne-prone you want to stick with something non-comedogenic, so that it will not clog your pores. If you have oily skin, stick with a water-based foundation with no oil. As for dry skin, it is very important to stay away from pressed powder. Make sure whatever foundation shade you choose still matches and looks good in different lighting; some foundations can tend to pick up orange pigment in different lights.

2. When you choose your shade make sure you look for that shade at your local drugstore or your makeup counter, test the shades one lighter and one darker, depending on whether you go tanning this will help decide whether you may want to choose one shade darker.

3. Setting your foundation is the last step in making it perfect. By using a translucent powder to finish off you look, can make all the difference. Ever get those shiny foreheads in a perfect picture at your night out? This will do the trick, if your foundation is just a smidge darker it will help even it out and you won’t know the difference.

PS – Please ladies, make sure you blend your foundation from your face into your neck and chest, those foundation lines are NOT cute on anyone!

Licensed Cosmetologist and Esthetician in the State of New Hampshire. Currently attending the University of New Hampshire for my Business Degree. I hope to one day work in New York City and attend Makeup Designory. In my future I see myself owning my own salon and spa while being involved in the fashion industry. I hope I can bring you the latest on everything beauty and am so excited to be a part of Her Campus UNH. I have done events like the WERZ & Z100 Bridal Show and The Miss New Hampshire USA pageant, volunteering and doing hair.Contact: oyashxx@aim.com
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!