Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Split After 14 Months

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

After only 14 months of marriage, model Amber Rose filed for divorce from rapper Wiz Khalifa for “irreconcilable differences”. This came as a shock to many, two weeks before Amber Rose posted a romantic picture on Instagram for his birthday with the caption “Happy 27th Birthday @mistercap I’ll love u forever…. Hope this year is an amazing one for u sweetheart.” This post is now deleted but many of her other pictures with the successful rapper still remain.

Rumors are swirling around that there may have been something going on between Amber Rose and newly single Nick Cannon, but the 30 year old model denies these allegations by reaching out on twitter. On September 25th she tweeted how she would never cheat on her husband but she could not say the same for him. 

Amber Rose reportedly walked in on Khalifa in bed with not just one woman, but twins, fashion designers Jas and Ness Rose. The rapper claims he did no wrong, he knew for a  while that he did not want to be married to her anymore and informed her before she caught him cheating. Before this whole ordeal Amber knew they were both unhappy, but believed that they would at least try to work things out. 

Rose now wants full custody of their one year old son, Sebastian Taylor Thomaz, but Khalifa is challenging her for joint custody. This may work in Wiz Khalifas advantage since in California asking for full custody is often a sign of vengeance. Joint custody is usually assumed as for the best interest for the child. Amber Rose is devastated by the divorce but states her focus is on her young son and career. Its too bad this young couples marriage has ended like many celebrities relationships under the spotlight. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!