What Were We Thinking: 12 of the Worst Fashion and Hair Trends from High School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Most of us remember high school as a combination of highs and lows. Socially, it was four years full of fun, some drama and a lot of really questionable fashion choices. Looking to take a trip down memory lane? Check out 12 of the worst fashion and hair trends from our high school years below.

1.     Pencil skirts with tights and Uggs

You could catch this hot combo at any Saturday night Sweet Sixteen party in 2010.

2.     Hair poofs

If you didn’t know how to successfully create this Jersey Shore inspired ‘do in 2009, you were doing it wrong.

3.     Animal Bracelets

There’s probably still a giraffe or two collecting dust in your room at home.

4.     Zebra/Cheetah print on everything

You still secretly love your homecoming dress with the sparkly zebra top and black satin bottom. Admit it.

5.     Scrunchy hair with straight bangs

The perfect hairstyle for those mornings you only kind of had time to get ready before school.

6.     Matching your Old Navy flip flops to your shirt or dress

We were all so color coordinated.

7.     Dying the bottom half of your hair black

Platinum blonde and black hair look good together, right?

8.     Wearing pajama pants in public

Not in the mood to put on sweatpants today? Roll out of bed and go to school. You’ll be fine.

9.     Slipper clogs

They made you look like you were wearing small animals on your feet, but they were comfy.

10.  Sweatpants with words on the butt

If you wanted to tell the world you were a princess, this was the best way to do it.

11. Sweat suits

It didn’t matter if yours was from Juicy Couture or Victoria’s Secret; you knew you looked damn good.

12.  Feather hair extensions

Thankfully, my yellow feather extension is visible in my license picture; otherwise I might forget how awesome it looked. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!