This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

What to Wear this Thanksgiving

It’s that time of year again, Thanksgiving is finally upon us. A 4 day weekend filled with family and great food, what could be better? Some families do fancy dinners, football brunches, or casual mid -afternoon meals. Just because you’re coming to eat and relax does not mean you can’t look great in the process.

Casual Thanksgiving

Skinny jeans are perfect, they always look great tucked into riding boots and are easy to dress up a bit by buying a darker wash. A big sweater to go with them always helps to hide the inevitable food baby; pick an orange or red sweater one to add a pop of color. Pair it with a fun scarf and gold jewelry to get the perfect casual yet put together Thanksgiving outfit.

Fancy Dinner

A darker colored long sleeve dress is a staple in every wardrobe. If you pair this with a fun colored pair of suede heels or riding boots and simple gold jewelry it looks cute yet does not require a ton of effort. Add a cute trench coat or sweater if needed and you have a great outfit for a fancier Thanksgiving dinner.

Football Focused Family

I come from a family of boys so naturally as soon as the games come on that’s where all attention is focused. If football is huge in your family then wear a cute football tee (whatever your favorite team may be…personally I say Patriots). Pair this with jeans, a cute pair of short boots (tall can work too!), and a dark green military jacket which adds to any outfit while keeping you warm in the fall weather.

Remember it’s not about what you wear, but about the people you spend the day with! Happy Thanksgiving!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!