What to wear in crazy New England weather !

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Going to college thousand miles away can be tough especially going to college in New England where on Monday it’s 60 degrees and by Friday we’re expecting a blizzard. So as a typical college student how do you decide what to wear when the weather changes more than your bank account? Here’s a list of some of the major clothing essentials every college student should have when dealing with New England weather.

First things first ladies: Leggings. Doesn’t matter what color the leggings are, but everyone should have a stack of leggings sitting around the room. Leggings are extremely versatile and can be worn with almost anything to create an awesome outfit (as long as you wear something long enough over them and always check the camel toe situation…). You can wear super thick leggings or maybe thin when the weather gets warmer. And if you’re afraid you’ll still be warm then you can wear cropped leggings which end right at the mid calf. Not to mention leggings are cheap and you can never have enough pairs. Ball on that budget girls!

Next up: The basic tops. Basic tops in black, white, grey or any neutral color gives you options for each day of the week. Always have these tops short sleeved so if you get to class and it’s hot, at least you’re in short sleeves. And if you’re in Horton…well then just bring a fan. If you’re a person who is usually colder in class then bring a zip-up to put on if you begin to become cold. These tops are perfect for crazy New England weather.

Layers are your best friend by mixing up your short sleeve tops, sweaters, sweatshirts, zip ups and cardigans you can conquer any weather so wrap yourself up like a Chipotle burrito and if you get to hot start shedding some layers in class. It’s better to be warm than freezing!

Big Coat: This Ladies is your key essential to making it out alive in the harsh Durham Make sure this coat goes past your butt and almost to your knees (Thus, keeping all the heat tucked inside). This will keep you warm during the harsh snow storms and heavy rainfall. The cold Durham air can be rough on your skin, so invest a furry edition if you can (walks home will result in less wind burn).This coat will become your right hand, best friend and go to when the temperature reaches the negatives. The big coat is like your best friend at the bar, up for anything and will get you home safely

.

Bean Boots, Uggs, and Hunter Boots! Yes, I said Uggs..these boots still have the warmest fur and will keep your toes warm while you’re walking through the cold snow. The infamous Bean Bootswell what college student doesn’t own them? Easy to put on and you can wear them in cold or warm weather. And most importantly, do not forget your Hunter Boots. When its rains in Durham, it poursso these boots will keep you dry when it feels like puddles are literally following you around. These boots can help you get through the tough (and muddy) times.

Living in New England isn’t easy and not knowing whether you need a raincoat or a tank top on can be frustrating. So remember, always dress in layers because if you get warm you can always strip down. Never forget a hood so the rain doesn’t get the best of you. And most of all: Expect anything because once again it’s New England!

.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!