This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Every year single women all over the nation dread the arrival of Valentines Day. They feel as though they can’t go out to dinner because the restaurants will be filled with happy couples. They avoid Facebook or Twitter or else they will be bombarded with muploads of teddy bears, flowers, chocolate, and jewelry that other women received from their boyfriends. For weeks prior, it’s the main topic of conversation- “I hate Valentine’s Day” or “I can’t believe I don’t have a Valentine.”

Although I understand the angst the holiday causes, why do women continue to allow it to? It’s just another day of the year, so it shouldn’t be automatically ruined by the mere fact of not being in a relationship. Since when do women need a man to validate their lives?

All you University of New Hampshire women need to use this day as a reminder not of what you don’t have, but what you do. Even if you don’t have a significant other, let your best friends know how much they mean to you.
Valentines Day used to be so much fun in elementary school when it was more about exchanging valentines with all of your friends. Start that tradition back up this year. Get your craft on with some of Lauren Conrad’s ideas.

http://www.laurenconrad.com/post/valentines-day-diy-craft-gift-ideas-for…

Gather up all your single girl friends for a night out on the town. Get dressed up cute and go out to dinner with all of them. Or rent a bunch of sappy, romantic movies, and make a batch of heart shaped brownies or pink cupcakes.
As so well put on Sex and the City, “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and boys are just people to have fun with.”

All photos: www.laurenconrad.com

New Jersey native, Stephanie, is a junior in the Whittemore School of Business and Economics at the University of New Hampshire. She is majoring in Business Administration with a dual concentration in Marketing and International Business & Economics. She loves the city and lived there last summer while interning for Ann Taylor. Stephanie loves sushi and Starbucks lattes. She is also a proud member of Alpha Phi and currently serves as the Treasurer on the Panhellenic Council.