Top 7 Ways to Keep Busy During the (Endless) Snow Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Does the cold weather and endless snow days have you down? Trapped? Bored out of your mind? Unfortunately, these past four snow days won’t be our last. Here’s a list of seven ways to keep entertained during our future very snowy days! 

1. Netflix 

Obviously. No one actually uses a snow day to catch up on the loads of homework as we should. This is a perfect opportunity to re-start season one of Gossip Girl and catch up on the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite…But mostly just Chuck. 

2. Gables Fitness Studio

What better way to work out your cabin fever than to sweat it all out mid-zumba session? All of these snow days give you the prime opportunity to go check out the new Gables Fitness Studio! If you happen to live at the Gables it’s super convenient, but if you live across campus, it’s like two workouts for the price of one! (Kidding it’s free) Because let’s be real…trekking across campus is a workout in itself. 

3. Bake

Most dorms come with a kitchen attached for everyone to share so put it to use! Soon enough you’ll have the whole dorm envious of your chocolate chip cookies baking away in the oven. Guaranteed some cute and hungry boys will stumble in to say hi and probably snag a cookie ;)

4. Sleepover 

So it’s starting to snow…. AGAIN! You already know Chris Clements is definitely going to curtail operations tomorrow… Invite over your bestfriends and have a giant slumber party! Who ever said college kids are too old for sleepovers? Drag all of the mattresses in your room onto the floor and create a giant bed for you all to share.  Cuddling with your best girlfriends all night and being able to wake up to them the next morning is just so beyond ideal.

5. Craft

So you’re snowed in with all of your best girlfriends, life could be worse right? Get to crafting! Spice up that boring old wineglass that’s just sitting on your desk or start piling together pictures of the semester for an online photo montage. Trust me, your friends will love you for it, and, you’ll be re-watching it together for the rest of your lives.

(Future husband, mentally prepare yourself for my college photo montages at our wedding)

6. Spa Day

Everyone needs a day every now and again to just relax and treat themselves. In college it’s hard to find that day with our constant school work, activities, and social lives. These snow days come at a perfect time! Get your cucumbers and face mask ready, it’s time for that facial!

7. Get outside

I know, I know, we are all so fed up with all of this snow. But this is definitely going down as one of the craziest winters in history and don’t we want to bore our future grandchildren to death with crazy stories about it? So let’s make the best of it and get outside! Go sledding, make snow angels, go find a pond to skate on, whatever it is just do it.

(This also happens to double as the perfect opportunity for that snowy Instagram photoshoot you know you’re dying for)

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!