This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Today is the day.

Today is the day you get up, even though you would rather stay on the couch. Today is the day you stop comparing. Today is the day you smile. Today is the day you stop saying “I wish” and you actually make it happen.

You want something to change in your life. A better version of yourself is waiting to burst out. But why are you sitting there complaining? Why are you wishing you were someone else when you are suppose to be yourself? The change, the different mindset, it is not for anyone else; it is for you. It is for you to enjoy your life; to see the world in a different way; to be confident with every step you take and with everything that is thrown in your direction.

No one can make this change happen for you. Yes, you can find help along the way, which is completely encouraged. But this is your journey and it starts and ends with you. Once you start this journey do not stop until you are completely happy. Happy within yourself. Happy for yourself. Not for any one else. You are beautiful and powerful. You have every right to believe and say that out loud.

Change does not happen all at once. It is a process that has bumps and road blocks. But lessons are learned and the “light at the end of the tunnel” is real. So everyday you wake up, you have to take a breath and say “today is the day.”    

UNH Journalism Student
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!