Things to do this Summer in Durham

Posted -

As the semester comes to an end and everyone starts to pack up and head home. Some people choose to stay in Durham for the summer. While there may be fewer people roaming around, leaving on campus can be fun. Here are some things to check out this summer.

Jenness State Beach:

Just a short drive away, 30 minutes to be exact, you can spend the day at the beach. Right across the street is Summer Sessions, a surfboard shop, where you can shop for cute clothes or rent surfboards and paddle boards. Not only that the drive to Rye is beautiful, driving along the coast looking at all the mansions in Rye.

Hampton Beach:

Another beach that is just a short drive away, 30 minutes, is Hampton Beach.  You can either hang at the beach or walk the boardwalk.

Portsmouth:

Portsmouth is such great place to spend a summer day. There are so many nice shops to look around in and amazing places to eat.

Kittery Outlets:

If you would like just a nice day of shopping the Kittery Outlets are for you.

Hike the Whites:

New Hampshire is known for its White Mountains. The have a range of trails based on difficulties, so there are trails for just about anyone. This is the place to go to if you are looking for a nice nature view. 

Canobie Lake Park:

Only a 50-minute drive away, get a group of friends and enjoy a day riding rides and enjoying all the games and food.

Saco River:

Saco is located in North Conway, only a 50-minute drive. Kayak down the river with friends, or grab a spot on the beach and camp out.

Dairy Bar:

If you are looking to stay on campus, check out the dairy bar. Get some sandwiches or grab some ice cream to cool off.