This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

To the woman who puts everyone before herself to ensure happiness and well-being, thank you.

Dear Mom,

How can I truly thank you for all that you do for me in just one article? You are such a strong, kind, and loving person and these actions do not go unnoticed. I guess to start off I’d like to say thank you. Thank you for being my number one supporter at anything I do. No matter if its sports or academics you’re my personal cheerleader and the first person to tell me how proud you are. You may not see it, but your words of encouragement go a long way. Thank you for creating a strong friendship between us where I feel I will not be judged and can speak about anything. Many people go through life without having that one person they could go to about anything without questions asked. Thank you for giving me this gift. 

Thank you for dropping everything to make sure I was okay first. I remember being sick at school and calling you to see what medicine to take but you were already in the car on your way up to see me. No matter what the situation is you are quick to drop everything just to help someone else out.

Thank you for being my best friend. From shopping trips to watching scary movies in your room to just driving around doing errands you are my favorite person to hang out with. You’re just as funny as I am and we never stop laughing when we’re together. Leaving you when I went off to college was one of the harder things I’ve had to do. So, thank you for being my hardest goodbye. I wasn’t sure how I was going to do without you by my side. But with your FaceTime calls, daily texts, and willingness to drive up and come pick me up when I needed it, we made it work. Thank you for being such an influential part of my life. Without you, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. I love you, Mom.

With all my heart,

Your daughter

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!