This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I know we all have some textbooks just sitting on our desks collecting dust that you all have no intentions of reading. So I had an idea. Why not get your moneys worth and use your textbook to get into shape? So here ya go ladies, a quick and easy workout with a textbook featuring yours truly.

Start with a textbook in your hands with arms held straight up and keep good posture 

Start by bringing your right leg back into a lunge. Remember to keep your front knee in a 90 degree angle (don’t let your knee go over your toes!!)

Bring yourself back to the first position and repeat on the left leg

Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps 

Start in a plank position with hands on textbook 

Bring your right hand off of the textbook into a wide pushup

Bring yourself back to the starting position and repeat on left side

Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps on each side 

Starting in a plank position with textbook under feet (you’ll have to find a rug to do this exercise on)

While keeping the core tight, bring your knees to your chest

Push your legs back out to the starting position and hold for a few seconds and repeat

Do 3 sets of 10-15 reps

Start by standing on one side of your text book 

then do a tuck jump over the text book (try to bring knees as high as possible) and land on the other side with knees slightly bent

To make this a little harder you can start and end in a squat position

Do 3 sets of 10-20 reps

Bring yourself into a wall sit, with knees at a 90 degree angle, do not let your knees go over your toes!

Put textbook (or a few textbooks for more weight) on top of your thighs

Hold for 30 seconds to one minute, rest and repeat

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!