This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Every year people start the long college process. Choosing a school best fit for you is challenging with one of the top questison being, “am I a city or suburbs kinda gal.” It is a big choice that you may have to live with for the next four years.  I wanted to go to a college in the suburbs and then just visit the city for fun. I never thought I was a city person until I talked to my friends that went to schools in cities.  Now thinking back on it I wonder if I would have done anything differently.

But since here we are at UNH we have suburb struggles.

Or what some people might say #suburbstruggles.

The struggle of wanting to wear fun clothes and even wear hats when it’s not snowing.  I’m not talking about baseball hats or beanies.  I’m talking about the cute wool wide brimmed fedora.  Why can’t we walk around campus wearing these in the fall?

Also trying to get from point A to point B can be a challenge.  You have to walk or take a bus to your car then drive to your destination.  Or if you don’t have a car then you ain’t going no where. Life would be so much easier to just be able to walk or take the subway.

Any fun things for the weekend? Nope. There is nothing close by where you can walk and spend a nice Saturday afternoon.  Some people might say what about T-Hall lawn.  But that gets old after a day.

If you are feeling like going to a concert or sports game you have to travel… again.

Date night? Any restaurants that would be date worthy are usually in Portsmouth.  Or even cute day date ideas are most likely elsewhere. But hey for the nature people I’d say that college woods might be an idea.

Want clothes that are a little different.  Maybe you would get them at a trendy boutique…. maybe in Portsmouth?

If you could do it all over again where would you go?

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!