Steal vs. Splurge: Workout Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

We all love workout clothes. Whether or not we wear these clothes to the gym or even workout out at all, I’m confident when I say we all love to rock a cute, athletic look completed with our favorite pair of Nike Frees.

Between lululemon and Athleta, most of our bank accounts would be empty with just one swipe of our cards. Maybe buying one or two necessities from lulu or Athleta is doable, but as college students, we all can appreciate a good deal.

If you feel the need to revitalize your workout gear for the new spring season but don’t want to break the bank, all you have to do is shop smart and learn what is and isn’t worth splurging on.

Here are some necessities – cute and conventional

Steal:

Target

$19.98

C9 by Champion® Women’s Premium 1/4 Zip Pullover

Target

$19.99

C9 by Champion® Women’s Zip Compression BraWith Mesh

Target

$16.99

C9 by Champion® Women’s Run Short With Knit Waistband

Forever 21

$21.80

Heathered Piped Running Leggings

Forever 21

$10.80

Low Impact – Double Strap Sports Bra

Forever 21

$17.80

Cutout Mesh Workout Tank

Gap – Gap Fit

$40.00

Black Gapfit Gfast Colorblock Leggings

Splurge:

lululemon

$68.00

Run: Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve

*My personal favorite, it is perfect for running outside, lounging around and even going to class. It is super comfy, stretchy and is my go-to top.

lululemon

$58.00

Run: Swiftly Tech Short Sleeve

lululemon

$14.00

Swiftly Headband (with grip)

In addition to these picks, Marshalls and Tjmaxx always have a great selection of stylish and more than affordable workout gear.

Although we’re all strapped for cash, don’t forget that often times your splurges are investments in quality and in the long run, they may in fact be a smarter steal. So, pick and choose wisely and don’t be afraid to splurge on that pair of yogas you’ve been eyeing for the last few weeks.

Happy hunting!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!