The Stages Of Going Out As Told By Gossip Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Hey Upper East Siders,

Going out can be a blast and there is nothing like the feeling of a fun night ahead. So here are the stages of going out as told by our favorite queens of Manhattan.

1. When You Get The Invite

The exhilarating rush of excitement and adrenaline you get when the address and time are sent to your phone is unmatched. The closest thing we can equate it to is being able to pet all the dogs you see in one day.

2.Then There Is The Tedious Process Of Getting Ready

Even if it is just one night out you still want to look like the fiercest form of yourself. Because why not? You deserve it.

3. The Shameless Photo Session You And Your Friends Have Once Everyone Is Ready

You have to capture the moment because the night won’t last forever, but the pictures you take can!

4.The First Shot

Sometimes it’s not the most pleasant of experiences but you know it must be done for the sake of a good time.

5.You Start To Feel The Buzz

Your body is feeling it so you start getting your groove on to any of the songs playing, especially “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani.

6.You Start Pumping Your Friends Up Right Before You’re About To Go Out

Even though the few drinks you have already consumed at this point make you a tad more prone to compliment all of your friends, you still have to make sure before everyone leaves that they realize how much of a fierce, beautiful goddess they are!

7.When Your Ride Arrives

Nothing has ever made you more excited than seeing that Ted, your Uber driver in the Ford Honda, is 2 minutes away from your pick location!

8.The Moment Before You Enter The Party

It feels like the second before the big drop on a rollercoaster but the amount of excitement and anticipation you feel is through the roof. Nothing can stop you now.

9.When It’s An Hour Into The Party And You’ve Hit That Point In The Night Where Everything Is Funny

Maybe it’s how much booze you have consumed or the fact that you are just having a good time but you suddenly feel like you are surrounded by a flock of comedians.

10. Then Comes The Flirting Phase

We may think we look this good when we are flirting but who cares if we don’t? Attractive men are all around and we know our girls got our backs if we need any assistance.

11.  When The Night Is Winding Down But You’re In Denial

We know all good things (and by things we mean parties) must come to an end, but that doesn’t mean the night has to be over!

12. When You’re Leaving The Party But There’s That One Friend That Is Still Going

Okay, we’ve either been this friend or had to take care of this friend before. But it’s a job worth undergoing because controlling this beast can be easy with one simple phrase.

13. “Do You Wanna Go Get Food?”

Game changer.

14. When Food Brings You Down To Earth

With all the fun you’ve been having your appetite is off the wall. But after a few bites of your food of choice you’re buzz is fizzling out and your eyes start to get a bit sleepy.

15. The Morning After

The night is a bit blurry when you wake up so naturally, you go to your girls to check if any damage had been done. But before your friends start telling you any stories about the night before, they try to reassure you that you weren’t as bad as you thought you were. 

16. After You’ve Heard Some Of The Stories.

You were as bad as you thought you were.

But have no fear queens of the world, everyone deserves a night to relax and have a good time. As long as you were safe, smart and savoring every moment you did well. And even if everything didn’t go as planned, there is still tomorrow night. ;)

XOXO,

Gossip Girl

I like adventures and Adele....But mostly Adele.
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!