This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Every once and a while, Mother Nature gives us college students the most beautiful gift of all… a snow day. This past week UNH was blessed to have not only one, but two snow days. The possibilities of 48+ hours of class-free freedom seem infinite, yet we never seem to make the most of it.

The first step of a snow day is the golden ticket to relaxation: an email from the UNH Dispatch Center saying curtail operations are in effect.

This is probably the most exciting event of the day. After all, you’ve probably been waiting a while to hear if you have school or not. You’ve heard the news predicting snow levels in the double digits, but that means nothing until you get the email confirming that all your classes are canceled. And when the email comes out, cheers can be heard all around campus. Everyone is excited for the day off!

Then you realize all the free time you will have…

What to do with all your extra time? Catch up on homework? Catch up on sleep? Party? The possibilities are endless.

You immediately call up all of your friends to see what their plans are.

Contemplating between going out and staying in is probably the hardest thing you will go through all day. You love the comfort of your own bed but also a bottle of wine and your best friends sounds equally nice. But a bottle of wine rarely ends with just one bottle.

After about three hours you begin to go stir crazy and need to get out of your apartment.

Staying in your apartment with your roommates all day might seems cozy, but after a while it feels like a prison that we will never escape from… but going outside seems like an extreme way to entertain yourself with friends.

You find your way to the alcohol left over from the weekend…

Suddenly you feel yourself warming up after a bottle of wine and a couple of shots, and the snow no longer seems so terrible. All of your friends get together and you almost forget that there is even snow outside. The closer you get to the bottom of your handle of Svedka, the more you forget about catching up on homework and that quiz in the morning.

You then think about how great of an idea it is to go outside

Forgetting that snow and ice tends to be slippery, you venture outside with your friends. It is all fun and games until someone falls down a hill. It’s virtually impossible for you to get up- you might just want to give into the snow but you have to get up, dust yourself off, and keep on trucking along.

A drunken darty usually comes next.

Oh darty, how nostalgic a darty but in a blizzard. It seems like a wonderful idea until you are standing outside in the freezing cold and the cops break up the gathering. Next, you realize you lost your gloves and your hands are freezing, and you don’t know where to walk to next. This is when you finally realize, plan A was probably the better idea. Should’ve just stayed in bed and finished your homework.

… then it’s back to bed or eat everything at the nearest dining hall.

No matter what you do all day, your bed will always forgive you. It will warm you up and make you feel so much better.

And finally, another E-mail, another day off

We tend not to learn from our mistakes, but at least it’ll be fun.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!