Recap: Homecoming 2014 Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

As we all continue to look through photos and reminisce about all of the festivities and shenanigans experienced at Homecoming last weekend, we realize that realistically, one of our most favorite parts of the day is choosing the perfect outfit. Aiming to incorporate our own stylish pieces with those that exude our endless amounts of Wildcat Pride, our UNH collegiette’s never disappoint! Julia Toby, a junior, Nutrition Major from Essex, Massachusetts chose an outfit that was both cute and comfortable. Julia exhibited the perfect balance between fashion as well as function when planning her outfit, choosing the perfect peices to accompany her long day of friends, fun, and of course, football!

First, the focal point of Julia’s outfit is her UNH Spirit Jersey in Charcoal. Purchased from Hayden Sports, (located right on Main Street!) Spirit Jerseys have gained a lot of popularity lately with our collegiettes, popping up all over Durham. Not too heavy, flattering on everyone, and the perfect length to wear with jeans or leggings, Spirit Jerseys are extremely versatile especially for the Homecoming season, when the weather can be unpredictable (hello, rain!).

Next, to accessorize without the risk of ruining valuable jewelry in the crowds at Boulder Field, Julia sported blue plastic beads, purchased from Town and Campus (also on Main Street!) to show her off her school spirit. These beads are a Homecoming staple, and an inexpensive way to add school spirit to an outfit (they come in white as well). Not to mention, these beads provide a great color contrast with the gray and white of the Spirit Jersey she had on.

Finally, paired with American Eagle Outfitters Jeggings in Dark Wash, Julia finishes her look with the ever so classic and cool Converse Women’s Low Sneaker in White. Perfect for rain or shine, these everyday sneakers complete any outfit; a completely effortless style choice, these converse are right on point every time! 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!