Ranking of The Top 15 Disney Channel Original Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

I think we can all agree that Disney Channel gave us some of the best original movies especially as 90’s kids. Listed below are some of the greatest Disney Channel Original Movies that we had growing up. Oh Disney, we miss you.  

Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (1999)  

When kids of the 90’s talk about Disney Channel Original Movies, Zenon is always a movie everyone knows. Lets be honest, who didn’t want a space station lifestyle and to save the world? We all did. The glittery outfits, young Raven Symone and the beloved music. Zoom zoom zoom, you make my heart go boom boom my supernova girl. Zetus Lupetus! 

Cadet Kelly (2002) 

Lets be real, Kelly Collins was basically Lizzie McGuire uprooted to George Washington Military Academy, where she was under the surveillance of her stepdad (aka “Sir”) and her Cadet Captain (Disney Channel favorite Christy Carlson Romano). With the addition of some ribbon dancing, friendship, rifles and strict drill routines, Cadet Kelly had it all! Plus the important life lesson about staying true to oneself while testing your limits! 

Smart House (1999)  

Today, we have IOS 10 and the release of the Iphone 7 but none of these technological advancements compare to the true “smart house.” If you haven’t seen this (please do so), it’s about a mid century housewife Siri named Pat that Ben Cooper and his family win in a raffle! I think we can all agree we wanted to live in this house (I know I did). Jump, Jump the House is Jumpin.  

MotorCrossed (2001)  

It’s basically the plot of She’s the Man but with extreme sports. What is not to love? Also, this movie truly proves girls can do anything boys can!  

Halloweentown (1998)  

I think we can all agree that we desperately wanted to visit Halloweentown when we grew up. Who doesn’t love a young witch’s coming of age story and then journey to her grandmother’s hometown, Halloweentown, to save it! I know as October comes around Disney Channel will be playing this classic more than once.  

Double Teamed (2002)  

Heidi and Heather Burge just transferred to a new school and develop a love for basketball, but their dad puts a lot of pressure on them and makes them work twice as hard. This film taught us about family and to never give up on our dreams no matter how big they seem. Did I mention it was a true story?  

The Ultimate Christmas Present (2000) 

Best friends Allie and Samantha live in Los Angeles and have never seen snow. They steal a weather machine from Santa Claus in hopes of creating a snow day. Instead, the machine breaks causing an out of control snowstorm. It’s every West Coast kid’s dream come true. Plus, who doesn’t love a good Christmas movie.   

The Color of Friendship (2000)  

If you’re from Africa, why are you white? Set in the late ‘70s in Washington D.C., black teen Piper Dellums is excited to host an African exchange student, until she finds out it’s a white South African girl named Mahree. This move is a must watch.  

High School Musical (2006)  

Troy and Gabriella discover their love of music and set out to break their high school’s status quo. We’re all in this together (cue the jazz hands). 

Cheetah Girls (2003)  

Four best friends aim to take the world by storm with their music. Admit it, you still have some Cheetah Girls songs on your ipod! 

Camp Rock (2008)  

Who wouldn’t want to spend a summer with the Jonas Brothers circa 2008??  

Johnny Tsunami (1999)  

Fearing his son won’t take anything but surfing seriously, Johnny Kapahaala’s father moves the family from sunny Hawaii to snowy Vermont. Johnny has to give up the surfboard for a snowboard and the kids at school are not his biggest fan.  

Gotta Kick it Up ! (2002)  

With no one to coach the school dance team, new teacher Ms. Bartlett agrees to take over and help whip this group of misfits into winners.  

The Even Stevens Movie (2003)  

The Stevens are led to believe that they’ve won a dream vacation to an island in the middle of the Pacific. Little do they know, they’re being watched by the whole world on a secret hidden camera show!  

Brink (1998)  

When Andy “Brink” Brinker discovers his family is in financial trouble, he decides to join his rival skate gang Team X-Bladz, a group of sponsored skaters. Admit it, you secretly wanted to be apart of the Soul-Skaters!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!