This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

It does not always work out that your best friend from High School or earlier end up at the same college or university as you. Many of the times, you don’t even pick colleges close to each other. However, they are your best friend and no matter how much fun you’re having with your new college friends, you begin to miss your best friend. So inevitably, you and your bestie plan for the perfect weekend together.

Pro: Seeing Your Best Friend

The best thing about visiting your BFF at their school is being able to FINALLY see them. No matter if, it was days, weeks, or months being separated from your best friend is the worst. No more need to text, shapchat, Facetime, or skype; you’re going to be seeing them up close in personal.Con

Con: FOMO

Let’s face it everyone experiences FOMO is a big part of everyone’s reason not to leave campus. You get to see your best friend but that does not stop you from thinking about what you will be missing out at your college with your college friends.

Pro: Befriending all of Their Friends

When visiting your best friend, you finally get to meet all of their great friends that you have heard so much about. It is obvious that you guys will get along because if your best friend likes them, what is not to like about them. You’ll obtain a whole new group of friends. You’ll most likely exchange numbers and follow eachother on every form of social media.

Con: Cost of Travel:

Gas is not cheap, and neither is bus, train, or plane tickets but your spending that money on friendship so it is definitely worth it. No matter of money can keep you and your best friend from seeing each other.

Pro: Getting to do Something New and Different

Going to a different college or university is a lot of fun. It can take you to a new city or state that you have never been to before and gives you the chance to meet new people. Every college is different whether it be their atmosphere or parties, your BFF can help you have a great time experiencing them all. You get to take a step away from your normal routines and experience something new.

Con: Partying to Hard

Sometimes when you have had one to many drinks it can be hard to keep track of everyone you went out with. Occasionally, you may be separated from your friend and because you are not at your own school, you have no idea where you are. You’re lost in a strange place, but don’t worry hopefully you have your phone on you.  

Pro: Don’t Have to Make the Plans

Going to a friend’s school is nice because you are not the one worrying about finding somewhere to go or something to do. Making plans can be quite stressful and it is nice to just sit back and have someone else figure the logistics out. You did your part of the plan, which was to make it to their college. Now your just down to have a good time with your BFF.

Con: Nowhere to Sleep

Not always, does your friend have a designated place for you to sleep and sometimes you do not get to sleep in the most comfortable places. If you’re lucky they’ll at least give you a pillow for the floor.

Pro: Food

Going to visit a friend gives you an excuse to go out to eat. Whenever going to a new city, people always have suggestions to where to go and what to do. Nothing better than broadening your horizions with food.

Con: Leaving Your Best Friend

After an eventful weekend, the time has come to head back to your college. This does not come without tears and an extra-long hug. It seems that just a weekend was not as long as you had hoped and the pain of leaving your best friend stays with you on your journey home.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!