Look Good and Feel Good In 7 Simple Steps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

When you look good, you feel good, and when you feel good you can do great things! With the hectic lifestyle of a collegiette, everyone could use a little bit more of this. It may seem as though it would take a lot of time, effort, and money to make a big difference, but adding these few things to your daily routine can work wonders. 

1. Drink more water! This is probably the easiest, yet most effective, thing you can do. Water purifies the skin, maintains a healthy mind, and improves your metabolism, resulting in a happier, more youthful-looking you!
  2. Take Biotin daily to maintain your hair, skin, and nails. This is great if you have a hard time growing out your hair or if your nails constantly break
  3. Hit the gym! Those sweat sessions at the Whit pay off in more ways than one. Not only does exercise keep you fit (obviously), but it also cleanses your pores, fights acne, improves your skin tone, and keeps those tired, puffy eyes away. Plus, it gets those endorphins pumping, boosting your mood
  4. Drink a few cups of green tea each day. Green tea motivates the body to burn abdominal fat and speeds up your metabolism. Plus, it’s delcious, so why not
  5. Get radiant skin with this easy household avocado face mask. Mix half an avocado, 1-2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, and 3-4 tablespoons of honey in a bowl, then apply it to your face with a sea sponge. Leave it on for 20-25 minutes then rinse off. It will both soften and moisturize your skin
  6. Eat more grape fruit.  It slows the digestive process, making you feel full longer. Plus it’s a negative calorie fruit
  7. Exfoliate your skin two to three times a week with this homemade microdermabrasian paste. Mix 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water until the mixture turns into a paste. Apply to your face in a circular motion then rinse for a glowing complexion.