This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Introducing this weeks Campus Celebrity Kaleigh O’Neil. Kaleigh wasn’t a graduate of UNH but she did complete her freshman and sophomore year here studying exercise science. After her sophomore year she transferred to Rivier University and received her nursing degree.

This employee of Elite Personal Training and Fitness in Manchester, NH wanted to have a higher goal of fitness for her to reach so she signed up for her very first fitness competition. Since then she has done one more, winning the first one and taking sixth place in the second!

After her competitions Kaleigh kept receiving questions from family and friends asking her for tips on how to get into shape, so she decided to create her own online business www.livehealthystayfit.com. On this website things can be found such as Healthy Tips to Stay Fit including shake recipes, weight training tips, nutritional tips, and even cardio tips. Also on Live Healthy Stay Fit are grocery list ideas, tips on how to get started your weight loss goal, and a bit about Kaleigh herself.

What made you want to start a blog about your own fitness lifestyle?

I wanted everyone to be able to see where I came from in the health and fitness industry and what I am doing now. I have free online workouts that anyone can print and bring with them to the gym. I also provide an online grocery guide and an example meal plan so someone can see what healthy eating is and how to go about changing their diet and lifestyle.

I recently checked out your blog, Live Healthy Stay Fit, and there are a ton of recipes for snacks, meal plans and workouts, how do you come up with all of these great healthy options?

I came up with the workouts from having worked at a gym for 5 years and seeing what exercise programs work for me and what don’t Same for the meal plans, its years of trying different options and seeing how my body responds to it)

The other part of the website is Isagenix. It is a nutritional supplement program that I first started using while training for my competitions. It was recommended to me by my fitness coach to help sustain my energy levels while I was intensely training for competitions. Whether a client is looking to lose weight, or maintain energy and help build healthy muscle- Isagenix provides an all-natural healthy way to supplement their products into your diet.

What was the process like to start your own business and is this something you’ve always wanted to do?

Starting my own business was bittersweet. It is something I have always wanted to do, and it has been extremely successful so far. It was pretty stressful at first though, trying to build the website and clientele, while still in nursing school. I look at it in a positive aspect though; because I have helped so many people achieve better health, which is such a rewarding feeling for me!

UNH Her Campus Editor in Cheif Member since 2012Junior Chi Omega SisterHelath Management and Policy Major with a Minor in Sociology Originally from Orono, ME. Lover of Fashion, Fall, and Food  
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!