How to Survive Finals: Caffeine Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

That time of year is rapidly approaching, a week of no sleep, high stress, living in the library, and of course drinking more coffee than you do water…in other words finals week. To help you out with the caffeine part of that (you are on your own with the studying) here is a list of which coffee shops in Durham offer the highest caffeine levels in their drinks.

Starbucks

Located : Paul College, Philly, Library

Accepts: Dining Dollars/Cats Cache

Highest Caffeine Count: Regular Coffee, Grande 16oz =330 mg ($2.25)

(Increasing to a Venti makes caffeine level 415mg & if you add an espresso shot ($.75) to any beverage you get an additional 75 mg of caffeine)

Dunkin Donuts

Located: MUB, Gas Station

Accepts: Dining Dollars/ Cats Cache

Highest Caffeine Count: Regular Coffee, Medium 14oz=178mg ( $1.79)

(Increasing to a large makes caffeine level 244mg & an added espresso shot ($.99) increases caffeine by an additional 75mg)

Green Mountain Coffee

Located: Philly, Stillings, HOCO

Accepts : Free with meal plan

Caffeine Count: Regular Coffee 12oz cup=180mg

(Although you cannot add an espresso shot in the dining hall (even though that would be totally cool) for each additional oz of coffee you gain an additional 15mg of caffeine)

Peet’s Coffee

Located: Albert’s in Kingsbury

Accepts: Dining Dollars/ Cats Cache

Caffeine Count: Regular Coffee 16oz cup=267 mg ($2.25)

(Peet’s espresso shots contain an additional 70mg of caffeine per shot ($1.25))

Breaking New Grounds

Located: Main Street

Accepts: Cats Cache/ Credit/Cash

Highest Caffeine Count: Medium Regular House Roast Coffee, exact amount unspecified ($2.02)

(Add an espresso shot ($1.83) to up your caffeine intake)

Aroma Joes

Located: Main Street

Accepts: Cats Cache/Credit/Cash

Highest Caffeine Count: Regular Dark Roast Coffe5, exact amount unspecified but was informed it was greater than that in a Dunkin Donuts medium ($2.25)

(Add an espresso shot for $.75)

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!