alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Keep Your Healthy Summer Motivation In College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

During the summer, there is an unlimited amount of time that you can spend on bettering your wellbeing and keeping a healthy, positive outlook. You get to spend time doing things you enjoy and there is less stress on you. Then the day comes when you find yourself back at school and all of the free time you had to keep a healthy lifestyle seems to slip away. Like most people, I found myself so consumed with the bustle of school that I barely had time to take a step back and think about me. Luckily, throughout my years I have discovered some helpful tricks to keep me on track and continue my healthy motivation.

• Schedule in time for the gym. As the year starts I quickly lost my exercise routine because I was “too busy” for it. I realized that this was the wrong mind set and at least 30 minutes each day there should be time for you to get your heart pumping! 

• Create Pinterest boards! They are a great way to discover new ideas! You can create boards for anything from quick healthy snacks, gym routines, self care tips!

• Spoil/ reward yourself. This is a great way to keep yourself in check. I motivate myself to finish the tasks I don’t necessarily want to do by treating myself to an iced coffee or snack afterwards.

• Schedule in “me time” We often forget about our own selves when we are worried about school, friends, family and other organizations. In all of this we need to step back sometimes and ask yourself “am I okay?”. Take the time to do an activity that is stress free and something you enjoy!
  • Keep track of your goals and set new ones! Including academic goals and health and wellbeing goals. Hang them in your room so you see them every day.

• Rise every day at the same time!
  • Have a token to remind you of your goals and motivation. I brought a mantra necklace that symbolizes motivation which is a great reminder every day!

These are very little tasks that keep me motivated all year round. I think the most important thing to take away from this is that every so often you need to step back and see how you are doing. Are you treating yourself the way you should be treated. Are you taking the time to do things you enjoy, exercise and give yourself the correct nutrients so you can achieve everything you are already capable of!

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!