Homecoming Highlights 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Flannels, Foliage and Football. It’s fall here in wildcat country (along with the rest of the NorthWest hemisphere). Homecoming weekend has come and gone and I’m sure I’m not the only one feeling the post homecoming blues. But “don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened”- as our theme man* himself would say.

The weekend kicked off down at good ole Boulder. Students gathered for a barbecue, bonfire, and various student performances.  With cute free tee’s, apple cider donuts and a guest appearance of Isaac the goat the night was truly majestic. A firework display concluded the event, ending the eve of Homecoming in style.

Alarms went off a little later this year; a perk to the new policies. In the A.M. you could find student orgs hosting breakfasts, meeting alumni or parading down Quad Way.  Around 11:30 the highly anticipated tailgate opened. 

With the new rules students did not know what to expect.  Boulder field ended up being pretty much the usual, only minus some cars and plus Scott Brown. Students also had the option to hangout/tailgate at Fan Fest(Lewis field) and A-lot this year.​ Even without the speakers blasting,  students’ school spirit was at an all time high.

Finally at 3:30 UNH Wildcats ​began their Homecoming battle against William and Mary. Win or loose we still… enjoy the game.  But spanking William and Mary 32-3 really was the perfect cherry on top, not to mention the $4 off those dominos pizzas.

So here’s to another successful homecoming, hope it was enjoyed by all.  Until next year, Wildcats, and remember: Everyday’s a great day to be a Wildcat.

*Dr. Seuss guys, Dr. Seuss

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!