This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

The coffee addiction among thousands of college students is VERY real and VERY prevalent. That being said, there are a few things you should know about who I am before I get my coffee fix in the morning. With 1400 million cups being drunk worldwide every day, I can say I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you…

Ms. No-Manners

I’m going to be rude.  This isn’t on purpose, but it’s inevitable. If you’re going to try to start having a conversation with me or say the wrong thing to me before I have my coffee, I might snap. I’m sorry in advance.

Non-Human

I’ll be some type of zombie probably, when I haven’t had the caffeine to wire me yet. Conversationalists beware…tread lightly and lower your expectations.

Speech Club Dropout

Talking isn’t on the table before coffee for me… I’m definitely going to be thinking about the copious amounts of coffee I’m about to consume and the rich addicting flavor that comes along with it.  I’m not really paying attention to what we are talking about.  If on the slight chance I am paying attention, I’ll talk about how badly I need coffee.

Drama Java Queen

Just in case you thought I was being a little dramatic, I’m reassuring you that I am. I am very serious about getting my coffee.  Some days the struggle is real and I need coffee before I can even think about venturing out for my coffee.  You know those mornings.

Super Slacker

Just don’t ask me to do anything because without a caffeinated beverage I like to call coffee, it won’t get done.  If I’m struggling with words, my actions will fall way short.  Let’s go get a cup and talk about it.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!