This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celeb: Elle Purrier! Elle is a Sophomore nutrition major from Montgomery, VT. Elle is an incredible Cross Country runner who recently helped the UNH Cross Country team receive the America East Conference Title by taking the individual title to win the race with an amazing time of 17:19. Read on to hear more about this week’s campus celeb!

What’s your favorite part about being on the UNH Cross Country Team?

My favorite part of being on the team is spending time with my teammates. We really are the best of friends and we have a lot of fun together. I feel very fortunate to have them, we don’t just train for ourselves, we train for each other.

What has been your biggest challenge on the team so far?

My biggest challenge of being on the team so far is getting the little things right that really count when it comes to performing my best. Things like staying a while after practice to work on core and go to the training room to ice or massage. These things can really cut into my schedule, but are so worth the extra effort.

Any advice on handling student life as an athlete?

My advice to students for balancing academics and sports is to value and structure your time. Make deadlines for yourself to finish your work, even if they are before the deadlines that your teacher gives you.

What is your training/practice schedule like?

I train 6 days a week one to two times a day. I have practice usually in the afternoon from 3pm to 5pm. Practice consists of two hard training days a week and the rest of the days are left for building up my weekly mileage. I run approximately 45-50 miles a week. 

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!