Cute Boutiques in the Durham Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Are you tired of walking into class and seeing five other girls wearing the same Forever 21 dress as you? Me too. For a style all your own, you need to shop local. We are blessed with so many cute boutiques in the area that provide a great alternative to the mall. Here are a few of my favorites:

SolSistar- 49 Main Street, Durham

SolSistar recently moved from Madbury Road to Main Street, however they still carry the same great brands! This is the best place around to buy quality denim. In addition to their great jeans, they also have sweaters, dresses, and jewelry. The clothes here are beautiful and very wearable for women of all ages, my mom always insists on stopping in whenever she visits.

Bobbles and Lace- 76 Congress Street, Portsmouth

At first glance, this store looks like it would be super expensive because everything is so high-end.  Everything about it feels very posh, from the array of sparkling jewelry, to the racks of impeccably tailored leather skirts and soft sweaters. However, everything is reasonably priced, with many of the rings and earrings costing just $10-$15. The staff is lovely, and very helpful. When I asked if I could take some pictures for this article, the salesgirl was very excited and said she would love to help any way she could. Besides Portsmouth, they also have stores in Boston, Andover MA, Newburyport MA, Marblehead MA, and a new store in Wellesley MA.

Pretty Little Things-21 Vaughan Mall, Portsmouth

While shopping at Bobbles and Lace feels like stepping into Lauren Conrad’s closet, Pretty Little Things is more like Kylie Jenner’s.  This store is packed with distressed denim shorts, gorgeous rompers, and the comfiest leggings on earth. This is the type of store where I could blow my whole paycheck without thinking twice about it. Fun fact: This store is owned by UNH alum, Michelle Galvin!

Jaylyn Eaton is currently a sophomore Marketing major at the University of New Hampshire. A New England girl though and though, she loves going on outdoor adventures, drinking her Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee, and cuddling with her dogs by the fire. 
This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!