Confessions Of A Shopaholic Stuck In Durham

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Durham, New Hampshire is a great place to go to college, and I love it here. Although, it lacks one thing that is important to many girls,  which is shopping. From a fellow shopaholic to another, these are some issues faced on a weekly basis.

1. It’s okay to pretend that grocery shopping at Hannaford’s counts as real shopping, but deep down it doesn’t feel the same. 

2. Spending a ridiculous amount of money in the book store because it’s you’re only option, even though you know you don’t really need another sweatshirt.

3. When the weekend comes, your best friends probably already know you’re going to the mall.

4.  Online shopping is a great substitute when you’re stuck on campus, but it can easily get super out of control. Looking at your bank account after placing an order or two may  be worse than looking at your final grades.

5. You may find yourself checking your email to see if your package has arrived yet, even though there are a million other things you should be doing. You’re package will most likely take forever to be delivered, so it definitely won’t be there when you need it. 

6.  Downtown Durham has great coffee,but that’s pretty much it.  There aren’t any stores that are worthy enough to really get your shop on. 

8. It’s totally normal to be excited to go home over break to see a real mall that isn’t Fox Run.

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!