Campus Celebrity: Nick Karanz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNH chapter.

Name: Nick Karanz

Year: Junior

Major: Political Science & Economics

Hometown: Worcester, MA

What organizations and groups are you involved with on campus?

I’ve been a member of the Sales Club since my freshmen year and am a founding father of No Labels, which is a political group that knocks down barriers between branches of the government. I also joined Theta Chi fraternity last semester.

We heard you just got elected as Public Relations chair, any big plans ahead?

Yes, we have our big GI Theta Chi ball coming up in the first weekend of December. We are going to open it up to all students, all profits from the tickets sold will go towards supporting the United Services Organizations.

How would you describe this event?

It’s going to be prom on steroids.

What do you mean by that?

It’s a charity event for USO, which is the United Service Organizations, so we want to go all out. I’m talking suits and gowns – all dressed up.  There will be a guest speaker and veteran as well to honor our troops and it is a catered event. We’re going to be selling tickets on mubtickets.com as well as in the MUB box office as we get closer to the date of the event.

What are your responsibilities as the PR chair for Theta Chi?

I manage the fraternity’s reputation and all social media outlets. I’m responsible for advertising all upcoming events and bringing awareness to the values of the men of Theta Chi via social media. On a personal note, I love to entertain and keep things fun so definitely follow our accounts for a good laugh and to keep up-to-date on events:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ThetaChiAtUNH?fref=ts

Instagram: @ThetaChiUNH   

We also heard you’re the new campus coordinator for Tapingo. Can you tell us a little bit about what Tapingo is?

Tapingo is an app that allows you to place orders with local food stores on campus, such as Wild Kitty, Union, pita pit or Zeke’s, that gets you to your food . You can easily link up your Cat’s Cache, dining dollars or a credit/debit card and get to ordering. Tapingo will notify you of when your food is ready and you can cut the line and pick it up hassle free.

What is your job as a campus coordinator?

I’m responsible for promoting Tapingo and spreading their brand across campus. Using their social media outlets and hosting events on campus, I’m trying to get the word out to all UNH students.

Do you have any events coming up soon for Tapingo users?

I’m raffling off two Third Eye Blind tickets for October 15th at Hampton Beach Ballroom.

How can we enter?

I’ll be promoting Tapingo in the upcoming weeks at the MUB near Union Court so all you have to do is bring your Tapingo receipt to me to enter for the chance to win.

Do you have an exclusive promo code you could share with us?

Funny you ask, you can use the following code for $2 off your next order: 7G6YF

Outside of all your student orgs and jobs, what do you do in your spare time? 

I love to do anything that involves being outdoors, whether it’s hiking or taking my jet ski out.   

This is the general account for the University of New Hampshire chapter of Her Campus! HCXO!